About the Bank
Please note that this Bank will NOT open accounts for American Companies, American Nationals or anyone dealing with the USA.
ABC Banking Corporation Ltd (ABC), the banking arm of the ABC Group of Companies was first established in 1997 as a leasing company (ABC Finance & Leasing) and subsequently obtained its banking licence on the 1st June 2010. It is the first leasing company in Mauritius to have successfully converted into a Bank.
In December 2010 ABC started operations as a full-fledged commercial bank at 7 Duke of Edinburgh Avenue, Place D’Armes, Port Louis. From the start of its operations, ABC has been aiming for excellent service delivery, driven by innovation and operating on the most advanced banking technology platform in the market.
ABC currently offer a wide range of products and services including current accounts, savings accounts, term deposits, leasing, housing loans & personal loans, term loans and revolving credit as well as Trade Finance services such as bank guarantee, letter of credit, import & export loans, collection document for import & export. In December 2011, ABC successfully launched its international Debit MasterCard and Internet Banking services to ensure more service accessibility to its valued clients.
Required Corporate Documents
We will prepare and submit all required corporate documents to the bank upon application. Please note that if the company is more than a year old, additional documents may be required at further cost.
Required Personal Documents
ABC requires the following personal documents from each beneficial owner and authorized signatories:
- A certified copy of the indidual’s passport (pages containing photo, signature and personal details)
- A reference letter from a bank
- Proof of residential address in the form of an original, recent utility bill containing the individual’s name and residential address
- Business Plan
- Personal CV
No personal visit is required.
USD5000 minimum balance requirement.
Free and secure full Internet Banking.
Debit and Credit Cards
The bank offers the ABC Debit Card with the following features:
- ability to withdraw cash worldwide from ATMs displaying the Maestro/Cirrus/MasterCard logo (in local currency)
- ability to pay for goods and services worldwide
- cash withdrawal facility of up to US$400 (or equivalent) per day
Time Required for Account Opening
Account opening takes between 3 to 5 business days from the time completed application forms, due dilligence and supporting documents have been supplied.
Accounts are offered in all major currencies.
Bank Account Fees:
- No Monthly Maintenance fee
- Telegraphic transfer fee:
- Incoming payments: Free.
- Outgoing payments: US$50 Overseas bank Charges.
- Issue of a bankers draft: US$10 Courier fees
- Fax/Email Transmission: US$10
- No fee for internet banking
Debit Card Fees:
- No issue fee
- No annual fee
- ABC ATM Cash withdrawal/Balance Enquiry: free
- Non-ABC ATM Cash withdrawal: US$3
- Non-ABC ATM Balance Enquiry: US$1
- Currency Conversion Fee: 5%
- Card Replacement: US$20 VAT.