About the Bank
Strategically based in Mauritius and with representation in South Africa (Cape Town and Johannesburg) and United Kingdom (London), AfrAsia Bank Limited connects Africa, Asia and the World.
Operational since 2007, AfrAsia Bank’s ambition to become a leading regional bank is being recognized. The bank is listed among Top 200 African Banks 2014 and continues to win numerous awards for Private Banking.
The Bank offers current accounts in all major currencies for GBL, Authorised Companies, IBC, Protected Cell Companies, Trusts and other corporate vehicles, free and secured internet banking, extended cut-off time for international remittances, competitive interest rates in all main currencies, etc. Through associate company, AfrAsia Capital Management, the Bank is able to provide the clients with sophisticated investment products and structures.
Required Corporate Documents
- Board Resolution authorising account opening
- Global Business Licence (if applicable)
- Certificate of Good Standing (if applicable)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association / Constitution
- Register of Members and Directors
- Background information (Prospectus / Annual Report / Financial Statements)
- Business Plan
- Organogram, showing company’s structure
Required Personal Documents
For Shareholders above 20%, Directors, Beneficial Owners, Ultimate Beneficial Owners and Authorised Signatories:
- ID Card / current valid Passport
- Recent Proof of Address i.e. Recent Utility Bill / Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Bank Reference letter
Personal visit is not required.
No initial deposit requirement.
No minimum balance requirement.
View and transactional internet banking free of charge.
Debit and Credit Cards
VISA Platinum Prepaid card (in USD and EUR):
- Chip Technology
- SMS Alert after each transaction
- ‘Verified-by-Visa’ security for online transactions
- Best-in-class Worldwide Travel Insurance & Concierge
- Above 200 exclusive VISA offers worldwide and more
Titanium MasterCard Credit Card (in USD):
- Privileged access to over 600 airport VIP lounges worldwide
- Best-in-class Worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits
- Exceptional discounts in 5* hotels in Mauritius and the region
- Exclusive discounts in gastronomic restaurants and high street shops
Time Required for Account Opening
10 working days, once all required documents provided.
Accounts are offered in all major currencies.
- Electronic Transfers – 0.1 % (min USD 30 , max USD 70)
- Swift transfer (charges for ordering customer) – USD 20 intermediary bank charges
- Transfer within the Bank – free of charge
- Electronic Transfer – free of charge
- Cheque/Draft Collection – 0.25% (min USD 25, max USD 45) intermediary bank charges
- Cash deposit – 1% (min USD 25)
- Active accounts – free of charge
- Dormant accounts – free of charge
- Balance /Audit confirmation (within 12 months) – USD 25
- Bank reference letter- USD 20
- Copy of Swift payment – free of charge