About the Bank
Piraeus Bank Cyprus is a subsidiary of Piraeus Bank SA – Greek multinational financial services company based in Athens, Greece. Founded in 1916, it has rapidly grown in size and activities. Today Piraeus Bank leads a group of companies covering all operations and activities of the financial sector. Piraeus Bank Group is focused not only on South-Eastern Europe and Eastern Mediterranean, but also on the financial centres of London and New York. In particular, it operates in Romania with 149 branches, in Bulgaria with 83 shops, in Albania with 56 branches, in Serbia with 44 branches, in Ukraine, with 44 shops, in Cyprus with 14 branches, in Egypt with 48 branches, in United Kingdom with a branch of Piraeus Bank in London, and finally in U.S. through Marathon Bank in New York, with 13 branches.
Required Corporate Documents
- Board Resolution authorising account opening
- Certificate of Good Standing (if applicable)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association / Constitution
- Register of Members and Directors
- Business Plan
- Organogram, showing company’s structure
Required Personal Documents
For Shareholders above 20%, Directors, Beneficial Owners, Ultimate Beneficial Owners and Authorised Signatories:
- ID Card / current valid Passport
- Recent Proof of Address i.e. Recent Utility Bill / Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Bank Reference letter
Available, EUR 40 per token.
Time Required for Account Opening
Up to 1 month, once all required documents provided.
All major currencies.
- Within EU up to EUR 50,000 – 0.15% (min EUR 5, max EUR 12)
- Within EU above EUR 50,000 – 0.15% (min EUR 75, max EUR 500)
- Outside EU – 0.15% (min EUR 5, max EUR 500)
- In EUR up to 1,000 – free of charge
- In EUR from 1,000 to 5,000 – EUR 2
- In EUR from 5,001 to 50,000 – EUR 10
- In EUR above 50,000.1 – EUR 20
- In foreign currency up to EUR 1,000 – EUR 3
- In foreign currency from EUR 1,000 to EUR 5,000 – EUR 10
- In foreign currency from EUR 5,001 to EUR 50,000 – EUR 15
- In foreign currency above EUR 50,000.1 – EUR 25
- Account maintenance – EUR 40 (quarterly)
- Bank reference letter – EUR 30
- Audit confirmation letter – EUR 60